-
KNoppix Installed
if i installed KNoppix, how do I install the modem?
-
knoppix 3.3 pctel
I have install knoppix 3.3 on my hard disk
download and make
http://www.medres.ch/%7Ejstifter/pctel/pctel-0.9.7.html
when I try "insmod -f pctel.o "
it told me "unresolved symbols ....."
I am supprise than Knopper did not put good sources in /usr/src/linux ???
any help ? or tip ?
DELL inspiron 8500 NVidia GeForce 4200
-
i cant download modemdriver and serial drver ( 404 error) please help me
thank tyou
-
Junior Member
registered user
you can download the pctel drivers at this address http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux/
btw thanx bongski55, funkea and stephen.. i am now able to leave m$ windoze and use knoppix full time
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
1ijack
Glad that you are able to do that. I have just come from the Philippines and I have yet to meet somebody there who knows about linux-let alone use linux. I also tried to find any book in the well-known stores there but all I have seen are old ones(like one dealing on Red Hat 5!).
In my assesment,the Philippines is not ready for linux!
bong
-
Junior Member
registered user
there are people around here that use linux mostly as a hobby and there are some who are serious about it like those people in the philippines linux user group. our books here are old are mostly for redhat and mandrake distro.
btw we also have our own linux distro its called "kabayan" but i havent tried it yet.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
1ijack
btw we also have our own linux distro its called "kabayan" but i havent tried it yet.

Kabayan,
IF you know the URL for "kabayn" distro please kindly post it here?
salamat!
-
Junior Member
registered user
hello again bongski55.. sorry i made a mistake bout the name, its not kabayan its bayanihan.
you can get it at http://www.bayanihan.gov.ph
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
1ijack
hello again bongski55.. sorry i made a mistake bout the name, its not kabayan its
bayanihan.

you can get it at
http://www.bayanihan.gov.ph
Salamat.
I already got BL version 3 installed. It is redhat based not same as knoppix. It would have been great if they based it on knoppix.
There is also another Filipino/Ilocano distro called Lorma which is very similar to Bayanihan.
I both have them on my hd. Good to have Filipino "made" even if I am not familiar with redhat/fedora.
Similar Threads
-
By Nikolay in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 12:39 AM
-
By BluntMan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 01:28 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
-
By Dr Snark in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:51 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99