I'm using the auditor ISO, if that makes a difference. Its the newest one out, but now the remote-exploit.org site is down and can't be reached.
The ISO includes an open8180 kernel module, but it wont load with modprobe (apparently it was compiled with gcc 3.4 but the kernel is compiled with 3.3 -- seems that's a problem).
I tried downloading the Realtex linux drivers, but it just turns out to be one thats already included (8180_26_private.ko).
Here's the error message in either case:
So then I tried downloading the realtek drivers for windows and using ndiswrapper. I can load the .inf file in ndiswrapper just fine...the problem is that when i "ndiswrapper -m", it tries to depmod the driver, and depmod wants to write a file to a read-only file system...which obviously fails.Code:root@3[sda1]# dmesg | tail -n 5 usb-storage: Bulk status result = 0 usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x68 R 0 Stat 0x0 usb-storage: scsi cmd done, result=0x0 usb-storage: *** thread sleeping. 8180_26_private: version magic '2.6.9-1.667 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.4' should be '2.6.11-auditor-10 preempt 586 gcc-3.3'
I'm a linux noob and I'm totally stuck. Any tips? I searched the forums here but couldn't piece it together from the other posts on wpc11 v4. If worst comes to worst, I might just get another WLAN card. If I did get WPC11 V4 working, would it be suitable for wep cracking?? I.e. can it be put in the proper mode to run airreplay, etc.?Code:root@2[sda1]# ndiswrapper -i net8180.inf Installing net8180 root@2[sda1]# ndiswrapper -l Installed ndis drivers: 2802w driver present net8180 driver present, hardware present root@2[sda1]# ndiswrapper -e 2802w root@2[sda1]# ndiswrapper -m Adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.11-auditor-10/modules.dep.temp for writing: Read-only file system
If not, whats a good card to buy? Ideally one that works well in Windows and is well supported by the Auditor collection. I suppose the Orinoco Gold is good? The price isn't unreasonable.
Thanks all--

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚
$170.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$538.88
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00