-
Knoppix 4.0.2 HDD boot problams
Hi, I have just successfully installed Knoppix onto my hard drive (am using the latest version of Knoppix). Having had some serious fun trying to install other distros on PC, I decided to use the 'sudo knoppix-installer' command as opposed to 'latest-web'. This worked fine, everything installed, Grub, packeages etc. However when I tryed to reboot system from HDD Grub comes up and asks if I wish to boot either Knoppix.***** (DEFAULT) or just Knoppix.******. (****** refer to version of Knoppix in Question). This is fine, but when I choose either option my screen goes blank, and the HDD light stays lit, and the system appears to hang. Can anyone tell me what vI have done wrong, or even better how to solve this problem!!! Unfortunately I chose not to create floppy disk at the required stage as I do not possess such a thing right now, having just moved house they seem to have all gone missing!!!!javascript:emoticon('
')
Anyway, thanks for any help rendered in advance,
thebrookster
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72