-
Runlevel 6 problems with remastered KNOPPIX
I have a remastered knoppix 4.0.2 CD. I installed a custom 2.6.12.5 kernel, removed some of the larger X apps, installed a few libraries I needed, and expanded the minirt a bit to handle the unionfs.ko modules (which I can't seem to make smaller than 2.4 MB.
All that works. My problem is shutting down or rebooting the machine. After switching to runlevel 6 everything proceeds fine though sending the TERM and KILL signals. Then, while the knoppix-reboot script is doing its /etc and /dev copy I get a bunch of "no space left on device" errors and everything stops at the KNOPPIX halted message. The final command apparently never gets run and the computer doesn't actually shutdown or reboot -- just sits there.
Turns out I need rebooting to work but I'm going crazy trying to figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By SeanS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2006, 02:42 AM
-
By rniles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By Panikos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By robamler in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By piom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5
$44.95

OEM YRDD6 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3582 3593 3793 5493 5584 5593 5480 5590 5594
$15.02

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$36.99

Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent
$175.00

OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W
$31.69