-
Runlevel 6 problems with remastered KNOPPIX
I have a remastered knoppix 4.0.2 CD. I installed a custom 2.6.12.5 kernel, removed some of the larger X apps, installed a few libraries I needed, and expanded the minirt a bit to handle the unionfs.ko modules (which I can't seem to make smaller than 2.4 MB.
All that works. My problem is shutting down or rebooting the machine. After switching to runlevel 6 everything proceeds fine though sending the TERM and KILL signals. Then, while the knoppix-reboot script is doing its /etc and /dev copy I get a bunch of "no space left on device" errors and everything stops at the KNOPPIX halted message. The final command apparently never gets run and the computer doesn't actually shutdown or reboot -- just sits there.
Turns out I need rebooting to work but I'm going crazy trying to figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By SeanS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2006, 02:42 AM
-
By rniles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By Panikos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By robamler in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By piom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$123.16

NEW SGIN 12" Tablet Pad 8GB + 256GB 8000mAh Android 13 Dual Camera FHD Octa-Core
$96.99

SGIN 10.1" Tablets 8GB 128GB Android 12 Octa Core MTK8183 6000mAh Type-C MicroSD
$307.96