I was told that Knoppix uses modified kernel.
Here is a snippet from Knoppix 3.3 CD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ uname -r
2.4.24-xfs
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ locate kernel-header
locate: warning: database `/var/cache/locate/locatedb' is more than 8 days old
/usr/share/doc/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix
/usr/share/doc/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix/copyright
/usr/src/kernel-packages/kernel-headers-2.4.23-xfs_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
/usr/src/kernel-packages/kernel-headers-2.4.24-xfs_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix.md5sums
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to find the modified kernel-headers for Knoppix 3.3. Am just wondering where I can find the modified kernel-headers for Knoppix CD 3.9 and DVD 4.0.2? I REQUIRE them because I need to build VMWareWorkstation and that requires the usage of the same gcc used to compile the kernel as well as the kernel-headers.
To KnoppixDevTeam: Please can keep the modified Knoppix kernel-headers in ALL future releases of Knoppix. Thanks.
Also, can you also put back in bochs. I love this ia32 emulator. I miss it since I haven't seen it in Knoppix since Knoppix 3.3.
Cheers guys. Knoppix is the BEST distro ever since sliced bread.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99