Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Error on launching KILIK apps.

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Error on launching KILIK apps.

    I am sorry if this has been posted before, but my search weilded no results.
    When I try to luanch a Kilik application (KOPETE in this case) I get the following error:
    Code:
    Your /etc/fstab is not yet prepared for mounting .cmg images. 
    As root, please make /tmp/app writeable and add the following lines:
    ################################################################
    /tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/2/image /tmp/app/2 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/3/image /tmp/app/3 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/4/image /tmp/app/4 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/5/image /tmp/app/5 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/6/image /tmp/app/6 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/7/image /tmp/app/7 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    ################################################################
    So, I go to open my /tmp/app .
    But it isn't there.
    Am I missing something?
    Also, when I went to open /etc/fstab , I got "Permission Denied", even though it was a root console. It may have been pointless to open, but I was still consfused.


    btw, this foum skin is beautiful.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    You need to be root in order to edit /etc/fstab.
    Please add the following lines:

    /tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/2/image /tmp/app/2 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/3/image /tmp/app/3 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/4/image /tmp/app/4 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/5/image /tmp/app/5 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/6/image /tmp/app/6 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
    /tmp/app/7/image /tmp/app/7 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0

  3. #3
    I get access denied even with root console, and KNOPPIX won't let me log in as root.
    Mybe I am running it wrong. What is the easiset way to run an app (Kate) as root?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    In a Konsole, enter:
    sudo su
    and you are root.

Similar Threads

  1. C KDE APPS and C apps printing unix commands
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:56 AM
  2. Help with kilik and Knoppix 3.7
    By Coffee-OD in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM
  3. some KDE apps
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
  4. Launching superkaramba problems II
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 10:21 AM
  5. launching superkaramba
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R picture

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R

$341.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99