Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Real Player 10 for Linux!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Real Player 10 for Linux!

    Wow. I've got Firefox 1.5rc1 installed and tweaked with the addition of


    Real Player 10 which is now out!


    Get it at

    http://www.real.com/player/?src=realaudio

    Now I can listen to NPR news online.

    Have fun.

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8

    How I installed RealPlayer 10 on my Knoppix 3.7 Live CD

    Using Knoppix v3.7 I was able to install and run Realplayer 10 Gold while
    running the live CD on my PIII 766Mhz 150MB RAM system.

    As I have had some problems installing and using on Knoppix the
    RealPlayer10gold.rpm RPM packaged RealPlayer Helix player for Linux
    downloaded directly from:
    http://www.real.com/linux/?src=reala...ce_1_1_2_1_9_2

    This morning I used the one-click Klik installation package found at
    http://realplayer10gold.klik.atekon.de/

    Before I could click on the download and install link at the above klik page,
    I had to press Alt-F2 and type the following command as I was informed on the
    http://klik.atekon.de/ home page in order to install the klik client:
    wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh

    After that clicking on the link at the http://realplayer10gold.klik.atekon.de/ page:
    klik://realplayer10gold it downloaded the following package: realplayer10Gold.cmg
    onto my desktop, ran the installation script which asked me to confirm some settings
    and then presto RealPlayer opened on my desktop. The download was 7.2Mb as opposed
    to the 6.4Mb download rpm from the Real site.

    I was able to load in a video from the Internet and watch it immediately.
    Ctrl+F is the command for the Full Screen mode view for those that like it.
    And Esc to exit ful screen mode.

    The link for the RealPlayer10Gold showed up under my K menu named:
    Applications Installed by Klik

    For the future I have saved a copy of the realplayer10gold.cmg package to
    my hard disk to avoid the download next time I boot from my Knoppix CD on
    this computer.

    The only bug I noticed was that the mozilla plug- in to view real content embedded
    into web pages did not seem to work.

    Doublezz

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Installing Real Player and Why RP10 is News

    Here is how I installed it:

    Straight from the instructions at the Real Player website:

    - Ensure that the .bin file you downloaded is executable. You can make the .bin file executable by running the "chmod a+x RealPlayer10GOLD.bin" command from a terminal window.

    - Run the .bin file by typing "./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin". Follow the prompts provided to finish installing the player.

    - When you launch the player for the first time, a set-up assistant will take you through configuring your player.

    Then I pointed Firefox 1.5rc2 to use it.

    Why is Real Player 10 news?

    See: http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=8064

    sakiZ

    W

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8

    A question about your Real Player 10 installation?

    I am glad you pointed out the *.bin option, I had only tried working with the RealPlayer rpm packages.

    Two quick questions for you...
    1) I would like to ask you if your installation is for a LiveCD install, or a hard disk installation of Knoppix?
    2) How did you "point Firefox 1.5rc2 to use it." ?

    Doublezz

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Or just klik://firefox and klik://realplayer10

    (klik client must be installed)

    Greetings,
    probono

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    I have tried downloading and launching the "RealPlayer10gold.bin" as well as downloading "realplayer10gold.cfg" using the "klik", but I could not find how to "install and configure" it, and I still can not get Firefox to run RealPlayer. I keep getting "Openning xyz.ram... What should Firefox do with this file?..."

    What should I launch to install or configure RealPlayer? (I thought "./realplay" or "./realplay.bin" would do the trick, but that did not work)

    Thank you for your help.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1
    2) How did you "point Firefox 1.5rc2 to use it." ?
    Make sure that the realplay executable is somewhere in your path.
    You can see your path with 'env' in a console.

    I copied it to /home/knoppix/.dist/bin

    This worked for firefox 1.0.6 on Knoppix 4.0

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4

    Hi there,

    Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm a newbie knoppix user

    I need to know whether the Firefox you guys were talking about is used to run/execute the bin file of the real player if this message is displayed whenever I click on it:

    Select a program (open with what )

    Actually I'm getting this message whenever I try to run a new software such as MSN and now real player !

    So please tell me which is the most approperiate program that help in running software to be able to install them on my machine?

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. HOW to install real player 10 .bin
    By eslamgm in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 01:37 AM
  2. Real Player
    By jtheb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
  3. Real Player, a real Headache...
    By chris-harry in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
  4. Installing Real Player
    By djtwok in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
  5. Real Player
    By ramu_i in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded) picture

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)

$895.00



Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB picture

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB

$1319.99



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered  (Server) picture

(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)

$1600.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00