-
How I installed RealPlayer 10 on my Knoppix 3.7 Live CD
Using Knoppix v3.7 I was able to install and run Realplayer 10 Gold while
running the live CD on my PIII 766Mhz 150MB RAM system.
As I have had some problems installing and using on Knoppix the
RealPlayer10gold.rpm RPM packaged RealPlayer Helix player for Linux
downloaded directly from:
http://www.real.com/linux/?src=reala...ce_1_1_2_1_9_2
This morning I used the one-click Klik installation package found at
http://realplayer10gold.klik.atekon.de/
Before I could click on the download and install link at the above klik page,
I had to press Alt-F2 and type the following command as I was informed on the
http://klik.atekon.de/ home page in order to install the klik client:
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
After that clicking on the link at the http://realplayer10gold.klik.atekon.de/ page:
klik://realplayer10gold it downloaded the following package: realplayer10Gold.cmg
onto my desktop, ran the installation script which asked me to confirm some settings
and then presto RealPlayer opened on my desktop. The download was 7.2Mb as opposed
to the 6.4Mb download rpm from the Real site.
I was able to load in a video from the Internet and watch it immediately.
Ctrl+F is the command for the Full Screen mode view for those that like it.
And Esc to exit ful screen mode.
The link for the RealPlayer10Gold showed up under my K menu named:
Applications Installed by Klik
For the future I have saved a copy of the realplayer10gold.cmg package to
my hard disk to avoid the download next time I boot from my Knoppix CD on
this computer.
The only bug I noticed was that the mozilla plug- in to view real content embedded
into web pages did not seem to work.
Doublezz
Similar Threads
-
By eslamgm in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2006, 01:37 AM
-
By jtheb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By chris-harry in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
-
By djtwok in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00