Today I tried to run a new Knoppix 4.02 on my box & it already failed at boot time.
It actually stopped after the line Autoconfiguring devices . . . Done.
(The line below there is then a stuck cursor sitting & nothing else happens . . . )
Accidentally, since I failed to boot other 2.6 kernel related system lately (Suse, Debian)
it come to my thought there is some strange problem with the 2.6 kernel in relation to my hardware.
Why ? I have a SUSE 9.0 on the same box & there is no problem with it at all (kernel 2.4 )
Also, I tried from an elder 2.4 kernel Knoppix & it booted ok !
So, what could it be & how to handle it. This is so sh . . . arrrghhh![]()
Since months I cannot install anything new nor update to any kernel 2.6 related system.
It crushes me that even a Knoppix doesn't want to know any longerPlease help.

Cisco C9300L-48UXG-4X-A Catalyst 9300L 48-Port UPOE 12-mGig 4x10G Switch
$2395.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
$4249.99
Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00