Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
I just read that there are issues installing Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux.
(Go to the www.desktoplinux.com website for this article. )
That made me laugh because I am using it -- but the Windows version -- under Crossover Office. All the modules work perfectly as near as I can tell. I did have to install a Times New Roman font in Crossover Office when a document I wanted to print did not print correctly. After the font install, it printed perfectly.
(Perhaps Oo runs in basic Wine as well? This is not meant to be a plug particulary for Crossover Office.)
This is what is interesting: I did not install Open Office in Linux via Crossover Office so it does not take up any extra HD space on the Linux side.
What I did: I only dragged a link to my desktop for each of the major programs in Open Office.
(Yes, I'm dual booting between Windows XP and my HD install of Knoppix 3.7.) But this means I now boot to Windows even more infrequently.![]()
You may want to check this out.
sakiZ
Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
You paid to use Open Source software?
Open Source is by definition FREE.
It is often supported for a variety of platforms, including Windows.
sakiZ

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00