Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
I just read that there are issues installing Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux.
(Go to the www.desktoplinux.com website for this article. )
That made me laugh because I am using it -- but the Windows version -- under Crossover Office. All the modules work perfectly as near as I can tell. I did have to install a Times New Roman font in Crossover Office when a document I wanted to print did not print correctly. After the font install, it printed perfectly.
(Perhaps Oo runs in basic Wine as well? This is not meant to be a plug particulary for Crossover Office.)
This is what is interesting: I did not install Open Office in Linux via Crossover Office so it does not take up any extra HD space on the Linux side.
What I did: I only dragged a link to my desktop for each of the major programs in Open Office.
(Yes, I'm dual booting between Windows XP and my HD install of Knoppix 3.7.) But this means I now boot to Windows even more infrequently.![]()
You may want to check this out.
sakiZ
Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
You paid to use Open Source software?
Open Source is by definition FREE.
It is often supported for a variety of platforms, including Windows.
sakiZ

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000 ECC REG Server RAM RDIMM 2Rx4 288-Pin Memory
$149.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y
$699.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98