Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
I just read that there are issues installing Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux.
(Go to the www.desktoplinux.com website for this article. )
That made me laugh because I am using it -- but the Windows version -- under Crossover Office. All the modules work perfectly as near as I can tell. I did have to install a Times New Roman font in Crossover Office when a document I wanted to print did not print correctly. After the font install, it printed perfectly.
(Perhaps Oo runs in basic Wine as well? This is not meant to be a plug particulary for Crossover Office.)
This is what is interesting: I did not install Open Office in Linux via Crossover Office so it does not take up any extra HD space on the Linux side.
What I did: I only dragged a link to my desktop for each of the major programs in Open Office.
(Yes, I'm dual booting between Windows XP and my HD install of Knoppix 3.7.) But this means I now boot to Windows even more infrequently.![]()
You may want to check this out.
sakiZ
Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
You paid to use Open Source software?
Open Source is by definition FREE.
It is often supported for a variety of platforms, including Windows.
sakiZ

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99