Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
I just read that there are issues installing Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux.
(Go to the www.desktoplinux.com website for this article. )
That made me laugh because I am using it -- but the Windows version -- under Crossover Office. All the modules work perfectly as near as I can tell. I did have to install a Times New Roman font in Crossover Office when a document I wanted to print did not print correctly. After the font install, it printed perfectly.
(Perhaps Oo runs in basic Wine as well? This is not meant to be a plug particulary for Crossover Office.)
This is what is interesting: I did not install Open Office in Linux via Crossover Office so it does not take up any extra HD space on the Linux side.
What I did: I only dragged a link to my desktop for each of the major programs in Open Office.
(Yes, I'm dual booting between Windows XP and my HD install of Knoppix 3.7.) But this means I now boot to Windows even more infrequently.![]()
You may want to check this out.
sakiZ
Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
You paid to use Open Source software?
Open Source is by definition FREE.
It is often supported for a variety of platforms, including Windows.
sakiZ

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99
OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y
$36.66
OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR
$37.40
OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78
Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$36.99
OEM Genuine FV993 M6600 Battery for Dell Precision M4800 M4600 M6800 FJJ4W 97wh
$34.79
Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New
$33.50
Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY
$32.99