-
Senior Member
registered user
Running Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux!
I just read that there are issues installing Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux.
(Go to the www.desktoplinux.com website for this article. )
That made me laugh because I am using it -- but the Windows version -- under Crossover Office. All the modules work perfectly as near as I can tell. I did have to install a Times New Roman font in Crossover Office when a document I wanted to print did not print correctly. After the font install, it printed perfectly.
(Perhaps Oo runs in basic Wine as well? This is not meant to be a plug particulary for Crossover Office.)
This is what is interesting: I did not install Open Office in Linux via Crossover Office so it does not take up any extra HD space on the Linux side.
What I did: I only dragged a link to my desktop for each of the major programs in Open Office.
(Yes, I'm dual booting between Windows XP and my HD install of Knoppix 3.7.) But this means I now boot to Windows even more infrequently.
You may want to check this out.
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.
-
You paid to use Open Source software?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Open Source is FREE
Open Source is by definition FREE.
It is often supported for a variety of platforms, including Windows.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By scozzese in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
-
By haloplayer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
-
By duncan069 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 05:28 PM
-
By Twib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 08:30 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM Intel XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16D
$75.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16
$55.00