Today I tried to run a new Knoppix 4.02 on my box & it already failed at boot time.
It actually stopped after the line Autoconfiguring devices . . . Done.
(The line below there is then a stuck cursor sitting & nothing else happens . . . )
Accidentally, since I failed to boot other 2.6 kernel related system lately (Suse, Debian)
it come to my thought there is some strange problem with the 2.6 kernel in relation to my hardware.
Why ? I have a SUSE 9.0 on the same box & there is no problem with it at all (kernel 2.4 )
Also, I tried from an elder 2.4 kernel Knoppix & it booted ok !
So, what could it be & how to handle it. This is so sh . . . arrrghhh![]()
Since months I cannot install anything new nor update to any kernel 2.6 related system.
It crushes me that even a Knoppix doesn't want to know any longerPlease help.

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vtg Atari 800 Complete Computer System Lot Games Controllers Disk Drive Recorder
$499.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00