You're mounting NTFS partitions as writeable? Boy, that will punish your dad!
I'm currently running Knoppix on my home PC, cause my dad (for some kinda strange reason) does not allow me to repartition my harddisk and insert a couple of Linux-based partitions.
After the system has been booted up, I run the command mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda# to make the other (Fat32 & NTFS) partitions writeable. Occasionally I try to install/put Linux-based programs in a directory on the Fat partition I've specially made for certain stuff.
2 Questions:
1. Is there a way to pass those commands to the kernel at boot-time automatically, so I don't have to retype them every time it boots up? Some kinda saved rc.local file perhaps? (Remember I'm using a Live-Boot, so nothing actually gets saved...)
2. Sometimes I find trouble installing Linux based programs on my Windows harddisk, since not all installations allow you to configure an installation directory - it installs by standard in it's own directories, which are - since it's a live-boot - all temporary on the RAM-disk! How can I take care of this problem, and let programs install by default in my Linux-folder on the FAT-drive? (That'll also solve another problem, i.e. my ramdisk not being big enough for certain programs to install...)
I'd like to hear responses asap, thanks in advance
You're mounting NTFS partitions as writeable? Boy, that will punish your dad!
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Harry is telling you true, but I am not sure he is direct enough. Mounting NTFS as writeable under Linux is a good way to scramble the NTFS files system. Results are erratic and it may work for a few limited circumstances, but you may well get yourself completely banned from your dad's machine or totaly restricted to windows.
Lol, I know... I run Slackware as well for quite some time now on my own PC, and in the beginning I was used to screw it all up
However, it does not solve my problem. My partition where I store my Linux files is in fact the FAT partition (mounted as rw though), so that shouldn't cause any problems. I don't even need to mount my NTFS partition as rw, and actually do it only in special occasions.
Has someone any answers to the questions mentioned in the first post though?

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99