-
Junior Member
registered user
HELP: TOTAL system Update - howto... and how to
I used both 'knoppix-installer-latest-web' and 'knoppix-installer' and found differences.
'knoppix-installer-latest-web' did not set up my grub properly. I goto (mounting the installed partition) /boot/grub/ and there is no menu.lst file.
'knoppix-installer' installs my grub ok. There's a menu.lst file.
How can one get this menu.lst file if one took the 'knoppix-installer-latest-web' route?
------------
Okay, from 'knoppix-installer' route I chose 'Debian Install Type', and 'ext3' as my file-system. After doing a 2 hour:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
I chose 'Yes' to use 'Maintainers settings/config files' (opposed to the default 'No: keep current settings/config files').
I reboot. And the 'ypbind' takes years to complete. But I eventually get my login screen. I login, however it hangs on the '2nd icon: Initialising system stuff...' then goes back to login screen. Woes! Someone help! Should I have chosen 'No: keep current settings' to all those 'apt-get upgrade questions'?
PS: Is there any way to make 'apt-get upgrade' automatically chose No (or an option) for ALL questions?
Similar Threads
-
By isp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 02:50 PM
-
By isp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 04:53 AM
-
By jzhai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 08:04 AM
-
By soapee01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95