-
Knoppix 4 on PC EasyOne Dc - mouse, KMIX, won't fromhd, etc
Hi guys
1. Every now and again the mouse driver loses synch. The pointer will suddenly leap across the screen and after that I can still move it but not click anything. It still does this with autodetection off in BIOS so it is forced to accept both internal and external PS2 mice. Further I can't do knoppix nowheelmouse because I still get a wheelmouse (even though I haven't got one).
2. Some of the time, perhaps around half the time, KMIX opens on startup. The helpfile also opens which I don't want. I tried deleting it from Autostart but that didn't make any difference.
3. Tried tohd, appeared to work, can see files. However get can't find knoppix filesystem on attempting fromhd. FAQ seems to think this is a DMA problem but have never enabled DMA for hard disk. Will boot from CD OK including reading config file from the same partition it allegedly can't find the filesystem on.
4. Get annoying message every boot insisting I have to confirm I want the home directory loaded in view of the danger of viruses. Tried all four Xs and OK, still happens.
5. Get told every boot that I passed an invalid video mode. On pressing space bar it loads OK. I assume this is something to do with BIOS but can find nothing about video modes in BIOS setup.
6. Can write to FreeCOM CD writer, and even see what files are on it (with K3B) but can't read off it as such. This means I can't read from CDs while running Knoppix. As I understand it from the documentation, unless fromhd can be made to work or I install to HD, this problem is unavoidable?
entryname
Similar Threads
-
By bosaudf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
-
By kainalu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
-
By no_name in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 07:58 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
-
By Chribu in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 02:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99