Hi,
I have been working on remastering a Knoppix CD to connect to a VTUN based VPN and run some custom scripts, along with some package updates, desktop settings changes, etc. I have the CD pretty much working as I need it to, except that when you try to start a shell in konsole, it hangs and never returns. I can su to the knoppix user without any errors. The KDE message is 'kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: Can't open a pseudo teletype' and looking at the strace it seems that permissions are set on all of the device files incorrectly. How can I prevent the device files from getting all buggered like this when creating a remaster?
--
getcwd("/ramdisk/home/knoppix", 4096) = 22
open("/dev/ptmx", O_RDWR) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
open("/dev/ptyp0", O_RDWR) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
open("/dev/ptyp1", O_RDWR) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
open("/dev/ptyp2", O_RDWR) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
open("/dev/ptyp3", O_RDWR) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
...
Leah

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72