-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Tortoise
Just a couple more quickies!:
1. How do I change which programs appear on the bottom bar (I want to add Mozilla)?
You can right click on an open part of your taskbar in KDE which will bring up a menu. Alot of things are no different than what you're accustomed to. IMHO kde is MUCH more configurable than wimpdoze ever thought about being although I have never used XP. I plan to keep it that way.
Look at this:
Kmenu>Quick Browser
A very fast way to see what's on your machine and another way to see what the file tree looks like. It's a good habit to open a terminal or three when you boot Linux. You're going to be using them- trust me. Soon you'll discover that many things are easier and faster from the CLI, or Command Line Interface.
You have multiple desktops- use them to your advantage.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, I really feel like I broke through the pain barrier, with a lot of help from some great people on this forum (I think I am still going to need a bit more!). It takes a while to work out as a noob what things you just need to work out the new name and location for (like control panel), and what things are just different (like how drives are handled). Not getting the drive thing, and hunting about for an equivalent to C: was doing my head in until I worked out that it's just different.
I think I now have my system to the stage where I can use it for nearly everything that I use win2000 for (except my softmodem, which I haven't started working on yet, and one of my cd drives, but that is just going to take a little fiddling).
It's immensely satisfying to get it working, and I do feel I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this far, I hope I can return the favour to someone else!
Similar Threads
-
By new2linux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By Baby_Face in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By tapique in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 11:12 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By jan.tw in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

HP Envy X360 15t-w100 Core [email protected] 8GB 256GB SSD Win11Hm Nvidia GeForce
$170.00