may I'll have to use the knoppix brltty=type,port,table Parameters for Braille device???
I have no braille device, but may do the trick?![]()
Now on the computer, whe export the terminal throught the serial port with this parameters in grub.conf:
serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
terminal --timeout=8 serial console
title Red Hat Linux (2.6.5-mm1-8kstacks)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-mm1-8kstacks ro root=LABEL=/ console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200
initrd /initrd-2.6.5-mm1-8kstacks.img
We need to use the same for knoppix and have tryed this:
title Knoppix ISO from HD (DVD 2005-06-0
root (hd0,0)
kernel /cluster-images/vmlinuz-2.6.12 2 ramdisk_size=100000 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 myconf=/dev/sda3 lang=es noeject vga=normal BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
initrd /cluster-images/minirt.gz
But after initrd starts to load the system, we get a blank screen (no more input) from the minicom remote console.
May I need remastering and recompiling the kernel included with knoppix for having support for exporting the terminal throught serial port? Or there is any problem because of the use of colours in knoppix boot? (note that we set vga=normal for avoiding framebuffer modes)
Lot Of thanks.
Jordi.
may I'll have to use the knoppix brltty=type,port,table Parameters for Braille device???
I have no braille device, but may do the trick?![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00