Quote Originally Posted by Casshern
The other 15 is files that are 7.5 gigs a piece.
I don't know of a transfer limit in Knoppix, but Linux (including Knoppix) can't safely write to NTFS partitions, and no FAT partition can hold a file 4 gig or more in size. What partition type are you transfering to and how are you doing it? By the way; I've had problems transfering files across a Windows network when they were larger than 2 gigs in size and both sides were running Microsoft software, so if you're trying to transfer files across a network the problem is very likely Microsoft and not Linux.

In the case of my problems transfering files larger than 2 gig on a Microsoft network (the Knoppix DVD ISO was one; I downloaded it on one computer but needed to move it to another with a DVD burner) I have had to use either of two techniques that both worked for me:
  • 1) I split the large file into several parts. Moved the parts across the Microsoft network. Recombined them on the other side. verified the final file with an md5 checksum.

    2) The above was a bit of a pain, so the next tome I needed to do this I set up an FTP server on the receiving machine and transfered the files across the Microsoft network by FTP. That worked fine for a 3 gig file. Obviously for a 7.5 gig file you'll need to not be writing it to a FAT partition.