Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need help quick!! Linux noob

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1

    Need help quick!! Linux noob

    I am running Windows XP, but the installation was poor, and I was too lazy to do a re-install when I should have. Tonight, I crashed, and can't boot Windows. So, since I had a Knoppix CD laying around, I decided to boot to Knoppix, transfer what files I can between my two hard drives, and re-install Windows. Problem is, Knoppix hasn't auto-detected my hard drives, and I have NO CLUE how to mount them.

    Please help me mount these hard drives so I can transfer the files ASAP. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    If you need help quickly you should learn to post better

    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 10:18 AM
  2. Another linux noob...
    By Caboose in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:44 PM
  3. Help with K3B, noob to knoppix and linux please help
    By justinscouting in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:45 AM
  4. Ultra linux noob needs help!
    By Catdaemon in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:30 AM
  5. noob too linux
    By evirus in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested picture

Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested

$670.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99