I believe that Gaim is installed on all versions of Knoppix. To access it, go to:
K Menu-> Internet -> Gaim Internet Messanger
sup all im new just registarted but i will defanly be here alot more. just install Knoppix on my hardrive on my other compter i was woundering thought if it is possable to a some type of Aol instant messanger running on Knoppix. i looked into it and it seems GAIM can run on some types of linux but not for Knoppix. Any help thanks
LaToR -Anthony
I believe that Gaim is installed on all versions of Knoppix. To access it, go to:
K Menu-> Internet -> Gaim Internet Messanger
DaKinE,
GAIM is the choice for "almost all" of the instant messenger stuff... It handles Yahoo, MSN, and AOL messenger services... I have tested it on Yahoo, works great, not many "buddies" though, and I dont have many AOL or MSN "friends", so I cant say on the workings of those networks... But, Yahoo works great !
If you have a firewall, or iptables, line of defense, set up on your system, you may want to examine if you allow traffic for gaim to get through, had a big issue on this one myself... gaim wasnt working, only because my firewall was blocking the traffic. This same issue came up when I started using XChat, and the irc channels, firewall was blocking communications, again...
Just some thoughts, and some feedback,
Ms. Cuddles

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)
$200.00
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00