I believe that Gaim is installed on all versions of Knoppix. To access it, go to:
K Menu-> Internet -> Gaim Internet Messanger
sup all im new just registarted but i will defanly be here alot more. just install Knoppix on my hardrive on my other compter i was woundering thought if it is possable to a some type of Aol instant messanger running on Knoppix. i looked into it and it seems GAIM can run on some types of linux but not for Knoppix. Any help thanks
LaToR -Anthony
I believe that Gaim is installed on all versions of Knoppix. To access it, go to:
K Menu-> Internet -> Gaim Internet Messanger
DaKinE,
GAIM is the choice for "almost all" of the instant messenger stuff... It handles Yahoo, MSN, and AOL messenger services... I have tested it on Yahoo, works great, not many "buddies" though, and I dont have many AOL or MSN "friends", so I cant say on the workings of those networks... But, Yahoo works great !
If you have a firewall, or iptables, line of defense, set up on your system, you may want to examine if you allow traffic for gaim to get through, had a big issue on this one myself... gaim wasnt working, only because my firewall was blocking the traffic. This same issue came up when I started using XChat, and the irc channels, firewall was blocking communications, again...
Just some thoughts, and some feedback,
Ms. Cuddles

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$69.00
3x Various Brands 10.5", 8.5" & 7" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape .5"
$34.99
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99