Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Getting it off my desktop

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41
    I move the .cmg files to my home directory and them drag them to the desktop as links. I haven't figured out how to change the icons but it works well otherwise. I'm using Knoppix 3.7 with persistent home.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    The originator of this thread asked "Aside from moving the CMG to the trash, what else needs to be done?" and I don't see the question has been answered..

    As I have just deleted three cmg files, which didn't work, I would like to know whether the downloaded files for these apps get removed automatically so long as I don't save config for this session?

    Btw, I'm running Kanotix 2006 CeBIT Preview in 'fromhd' mode, using a persistent home, unionrw and saveconfig.

    Mvh

    Edit: I think I found the answer.. it really is enough to delete the cmg files and /tmp/klik, right? I didn't realize the cmg files were compressed and effectively contain everything. That also explains why downloading libid3 from klik didn't solve easytag's need for a libid3 shared library.. I guess

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9
    Please also pay a visit to the FAQ: http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/User%27s_FAQ

    Everything is inside the .cmg file, as a cramfs or zisofs compressed file system image. Deleting the .cmg should be enough.

    (Depending on your klik client setup, the temporary staging directory underneath /tmp/klik/ may be kept, not deleted. But today's default behaviour is to delete the staging directory after the .cmg is created.)

    Cheers, pipitas

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Thanks pipitas for the FAQ link. Don't know how I missed coming across that already

    Its such a pity recipe maintainers don't react to user comments, so great apps like tvtime continue to fail 'for lack of a file or folder', see http://tvtime.klik.atekon.de/comments/...

    Mvh

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    This recipe has no maintainer yet. If you are the upstream author of this package and would like to become klik recipe maintainer, please write to probono at myrealbox dot com

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    6

    Making Icons in Dock

    Quote Originally Posted by freerk
    Well I made it work in Kubuntu:
    I moved abiword.cmg to /opt/
    and made with the menu editor an extra entry
    with the command
    /home/freerk/.zAppRun /opt/abiword.cmg

    once started and stopped, the menu entry has some more capabilies;
    add to panel; put starter on desktop and 2 other entries behind 'whole menu'

    Freerk Jongsma
    With Mepis and KDE 3.4 I was able to move my cmg files to a subdirectory in my /home/username/Documents folder, then I launched each cmg file in its new location, and then I right clicked on the KDE dock and was able to browse to the klik applications and then select the Klik applications I wanted. Then I could launch them from the dock. Right clicking on them, and then choosing properties allowed me to change the icons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. no desktop gui?
    By UnLISTEDxX in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM
  2. Want KDE desktop
    By fred0843 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
  3. Desktop
    By jr0d82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
  4. No Desktop
    By Guider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
  5. no kde desktop
    By jon267 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade

$15.95



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00 picture

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00

$279.00