Quote Originally Posted by pau1knopp
However, I'm still not sure why I have to go through all the steps to get apt-get to work even as stable. Unless I go through the steps of remming out testing and unstable, (while running apt-get update between each edit), it will not eventually work on stable for me.
Sorry but I don't catch what you mean. But there is still one thing to do which I do always before dist-upgrade to get system stay as stable as possbile. I change in /etc/apt/apt.cong the first line from testing to stable:
Code:
APT::Default-Release "sarge";
If you then want to get new KDE from experimental source somethimes you need to change default release to experimental temporarily and update only KDE packages. Same thing with some unstable packages. You can test the difference by using default releases sarge, etch, sid, experimental and see what happens

And sometimes you can't even upgrade without adding to /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg a line:
Code:
force-overwrite
But your original question: Uncomment everyting else but stable from sources.list and change default-release in apt.conf from testing to sarge and you don't need to upgrade the whole KDE.


-tapsa-