-
Request for Help ... how to do LiveCD Mozilla Plugins?
I am asking if anyone knows how to install the RealPlayer 10 plugins for Mozilla on a Gnoppix LiveCD in order to view content in an embedded player on a webpage?
I have been using the Klik website to install RealPlayer 10 when I boot up the LiveCD and it asks me to confirm whether or not to add the Mozzilla plugins which I did, but they do not work. I have been able to get the Flash skockwave plugins to install when asked by Konquerer and the flash plugins then show up in the Mozzilla browzer as well when I go to Help > About Plugins, but I have been unsuccessful with RealPlayer. The Mozilla site has a web page which tells us where to find the two Realplayer plugin files and where to put them, in Mozilla Components folder ... but this does not seem to work on the Live CD setup. I imagine it has to do with the fact I am treating a Read Only CD medium as a Read Write disk. Unionfs in Knoppix v4 is supposed to help solve the problems this creates ... but I have not found the right combination yet! The fact that I can add the flash player plug ins to Mozilla in the Live CD setup convinces me it is possible to do it with any plugin but for now I am stumped ... could be it is looking for Realplayer in the wrong place. I know this does not seem to be an issue on the Hard Disk Knoppix installed system, it only bothers me on the LiveCD setup.
Any ideas are welcome? PS. I like using the LiveCD as a portable desktop rather than limiting it to a Rescue or Demo disk.
Yours Doublezz
-
Senior Member
registered user
Doublezz,
Cant really help you with RealPlayer, so-to-speak, it doesnt run at all on 64bit systems, which I have installed, but, I do have some ideas...
Where does the Shockwave plug-ins install at, since they seem to work? Is this the same location that RealPlayer is trying to install into? If not, what happens if you, possibly, change the plug-in location of RealPlayer to where the Shockwave plug-ins are? This is about the only thing I can think of... If this is all nothing, hopefully, someone else has done this, and has it working, and can provide more assistance...
Just some thoughts,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By gorbgorb in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2006, 05:11 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 04:29 PM
-
By turbines in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
-
By jafo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99