Hehe you have already seen that mentioned here..
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29#139
It's great. My laptop doesn't boot from CD but with this it does![]()
I found this great new boot floppy from http://btmgr.sf.net which I discovered from http://www.morphix.org or http://morphix.sf.net where you can also get this boot IMG.
It boots your CD drive like a boot floppy, but it loads neither vmlinuz nor miniroot.gz from the boot floppy which is what slows down the boot process. It boots the CD and then uses those files from the CD. This was made necessary in MORPHIX as the boot.img file is 2.88MB!
If you need a boot floppy on your machine, this is THE way to go! Also, since its not kernel specific, you need not upgrade the boot floppy every time you want to upgrade the CD. BTW, it'll boot any bootable partition.
Great job you guys: Alex (MORPHIX) and Gerry (btmgr).
Enjoy!
Regards,
Hehe you have already seen that mentioned here..
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29#139
It's great. My laptop doesn't boot from CD but with this it does![]()
Yes, I forgot about this! I rediscovered btmgr.sf.net through MORPHIX where I saw the benefits right away! When I first tried it, it did not seem to work well, maybe they've improved it.
Anyway, I use morphixboot_02.img from the download section of http://www.morphix.org - this may actually be slightly different from what's on http://btmgr.sf.net?
Regards,

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99