Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Computer will not boot after using Knoppix 4.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1

    Computer will not boot after using Knoppix 4.0

    I booted up to Knoppix 4.0 (I had used other versions such as 3.8 many times before without any trouble) to replace an entry in my /etc/passwd file, everything goes fine, until I shutdown. I shutdown normally, I press enter when the cd door opens for me and I take the disk out, and I turn off the power supply from the back(I'm to lazy to get an Intel board map to figure out which jumper I should put the plug on) I have done this many times before in 3.8 (as I stated earlier) and not had any trouble, but now it will just not trun on. I have taken the RAM out (and put it back in of course), changed power outlets, and I am about to replace the power supply. My intel board model is D845EPI and I am almost possitive it has either caused a glitch in the BIOS or somehow screwed my power supply over.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    59
    I would suspect that the power switch went bad, it was not likely made to last as the main on/off switch.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix boot with no flash disk bootable computer
    By erdemevin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
  2. I can't boot my computer
    By maxloren in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
  3. Older computer--CD boot works fine, HDD boot means console o
    By Particle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
  4. Can't boot knoppix on old computer!
    By Jefff in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 08:13 AM
  5. cant boot the knoppix-mib bootable cd on my emac computer
    By milnet in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Western Digital 2TB WD2003FYYS-02W0B0 3.5

Western Digital 2TB WD2003FYYS-02W0B0 3.5" SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive

$44.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00



Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard

$169.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640

$54.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$51.99