Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Computer will not boot after using Knoppix 4.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1

    Computer will not boot after using Knoppix 4.0

    I booted up to Knoppix 4.0 (I had used other versions such as 3.8 many times before without any trouble) to replace an entry in my /etc/passwd file, everything goes fine, until I shutdown. I shutdown normally, I press enter when the cd door opens for me and I take the disk out, and I turn off the power supply from the back(I'm to lazy to get an Intel board map to figure out which jumper I should put the plug on) I have done this many times before in 3.8 (as I stated earlier) and not had any trouble, but now it will just not trun on. I have taken the RAM out (and put it back in of course), changed power outlets, and I am about to replace the power supply. My intel board model is D845EPI and I am almost possitive it has either caused a glitch in the BIOS or somehow screwed my power supply over.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    59
    I would suspect that the power switch went bad, it was not likely made to last as the main on/off switch.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix boot with no flash disk bootable computer
    By erdemevin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
  2. I can't boot my computer
    By maxloren in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
  3. Older computer--CD boot works fine, HDD boot means console o
    By Particle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
  4. Can't boot knoppix on old computer!
    By Jefff in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 08:13 AM
  5. cant boot the knoppix-mib bootable cd on my emac computer
    By milnet in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts picture

Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts

$338.63



LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better

$250.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



Lot of 2 - M471A1K43DB1-CTD SAMSUNG LAPTOP MEMORY 4GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-SA1-11 picture

Lot of 2 - M471A1K43DB1-CTD SAMSUNG LAPTOP MEMORY 4GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-SA1-11

$34.00



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95