-
Moving an existing HD install to another system
Hi,
I'm trying to migrate an existing HD installation (Multi-user with hardware detection from Knoppix 4.0.2 CD) to a new system with quite different hardware. I need to alter/remove whatever config files that were created during the installation to the original hardware, so that the new system can have a proper hardware configuration.
I've tried to remove the "/XF86Config-4, and "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" but it gets re-created with the old hardware configuration each time I reboot. I've also tried removing the entire folder "/etc/knoppix" but am still unable to track down the file that's holding this old hardware configuration. I did a find for the file "configs.tbz" with no luck.
Any Thoughts?
Similar Threads
-
By rtrdom in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2008, 02:58 AM
-
By aipforum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
-
By mors in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
-
By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 07:47 PM
-
By bactram in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17” Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95

RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95

Vintage Rare 256KB Coast Cache Memory Module 32kx64 L2 Pipeline HT-VX
$6.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88