-
Belkin USB Wireless G Adaptor
Hiya,
Basically, how can I get this to work? Knoppix doesn't find it on startup, and looking through that configuration to find drivers to instal somewhere under Internet in the K menu, It doesn't jump out at me?
What do I need to look for and where?
Thanks for your help!
Rich
-
ndiswrapper
Turns out that I should just be able to use ndiswrapper to use it. When I use the script verison with the GUI it just disappears when I select the file.
Using the Konsole version does nothing when I type ndiswrapper -l /mnt/hda2/........./whatever.inf
How do you write file names in Knoppix? is that the correct format? Do I need anything before /mnt for example?
THanks very much!
Rich
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
You might wan't to check out ubuntu, both for disk partitioning and for wireless drivers.
http://ubuntu.com/
-
Tryed live ubuntu cd, how do you set anything up? lol in the device manager it knew the name of my wireless adaptor, but couldn't find anywhere to set it up...
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've had mixed results getting Belkin wireless to work with ndiswrapper, better with kanotix, but still a pain. You have to have the windows driver (.inf) file readable from hd, cd or usb stick then point ndiswrapper there. Kanotix has a graphical installer newer knoppix might as well. From a shell type: man ndiswrapper , for more.
If you ultimately want to run from hard drive, ubuntu is a a better choice of distr. The install cd has a step by step approach and the disk partitioner will (i think) resize ntfs.
BTW, in ubuntu: System -> Administration -> Networking, then Activate on my friend's ubuntu hd install. There are forums at the ubuntu website as well.
Similar Threads
-
By oconnork00 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
-
By pinpower in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-29-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By fusion88 in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By hemps in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 06:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99