-
mounting a share from W2K3 ADS Server
Hello
when i start the Knoppix 4.02 BootCD I can with the Gui have a look on my Windows 2003 ADS Server - Share.
But if I like in the Shell to do a #mount -t smbfs -o=admin //ipadress/sharename /mnt/winshare i get a error:
protocol negotiation failed.
If I use the same command to a XP PC then it works!
I have used different Users, but with no result!
From Windows XP the net use command to this Server works fine.
What is different? How can I troubleshoot this?
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!¨¨
Novelli
-
Samba needs SMB signing for Win2k3 shares
Server 2003 shares require "SMB signing" to be enabled.
Samba does not play nice with SMB signing from my past experiences...
There are articles on the net with information on how to get around SMB signing but that requires quite a few changes to your Win2k3 box IIRC.
You may try using this command:
cifsmount
Instead of smbmount. This uses the CIFSfs instead of SMBFS...
Not sure if this filesystem support is in the Knoppix version that you are using...
Sorry I can't give syntax examples but currently I am not on a linux machine.
-
Re: Samba needs SMB signing for Win2k3 shares

Originally Posted by
roberto
Server 2003 shares require "SMB signing" to be enabled.
Samba does not play nice with SMB signing from my past experiences...
There are articles on the net with information on how to get around SMB signing but that requires quite a few changes to your Win2k3 box IIRC.
You may try using this command:
cifsmount
Instead of smbmount. This uses the CIFSfs instead of SMBFS...
Not sure if this filesystem support is in the Knoppix version that you are using...
Sorry I can't give syntax examples but currently I am not on a linux machine.

You should be able to disable SMB signing within the 2k3 Group policy / security settings and set that to
not require SMB Signing.
Also make sure you enable LM/NTLM authentication.
Similar Threads
-
By forcefeeld in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2009, 04:50 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:06 PM
-
By xpcommon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:31 AM
-
By Pasq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 08:58 AM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00