Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SOLVED I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9

    SOLVED I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux

    Hi:

    In firs place, I'm not using Knoppix, instead Damn Small Linux, which is a Knoppix derivative.

    To remaster DSL I'm following the Knoppix Remastering Howto (English version). I had done all the points but #12 ("# Copy everything necessary files except the ~700 Mb KNOPPIX file.").

    When i trie to do the last instruction and make the final image, i can't.

    I have all the files in /usr/local/share/dsl, with two subidrs, master and source. I do:

    # cd /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master

    And then I use the command:

    # mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "ServerCD" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
    -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
    -hide-rr-moved -o /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.iso /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    Then i get the following error:

    # mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!

    I go to these directory and I check i do have that file (boot.cat).
    If I remove -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat from command, i get another error:

    # mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image '/usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin' !

    Isolinux.bin is a file that also stays into the directory.

    All this process is being done as root.

    What am I making wrong? Could you help me please?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4
    hum ok

    you make your iso from a wrong directory, the directory boot/isolinux must be on the iso

    so try this :


    # mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "ServerCD" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
    -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
    -hide-rr-moved -o /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.iso /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master/KNOPPIX

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9
    Thank you L@ Cible for your answer, but, is not your command the same that what i put?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4
    youps , is not realy the same command but is certainly wrong
    Made your iso from the master directory (where you have the boot directory )

    so try this :


    # mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "ServerCD" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
    -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
    -hide-rr-moved -o /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.iso /usr/local/share/servercd/dsl/master

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9
    Thank you very much!!!! That works!!!!!

    Best regards!

Similar Threads

  1. isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.
    By markley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
  2. Knoppix/Isolinux Boot Config
    By justin_c in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Can I get rid of Init at boot?
    By FoGia in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 09:39 PM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$135.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99