Try with "sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys start" and then with konqueror to http://localhost:631
Hi,
In Knoppix 4.02, I try to add a new printer. I go in Configure - KDE Control
Module> Add printer> Local Printer. I then get a list of 16 USB ports
to choose from. I use lsusb to check wich device is the printer and
find out that it's device 004. I then choose USB Printer #4 and
continue. Then I choose Epson as the manufacturer and Stylus C60 as
the model. After that, it says that the recommended driver is Epson
Stylus C60 (Foomatic + gimp-print) [Recommended]. When I click next it
gives this error:
************************************
Error - KDE Control Module
Unable to load the requested driver:
Unable to create the Foomatic driver [Epson-Stylus_C60,gimp-print].
Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required
permissions to perform that operation.
************************************
Any ideas why it does that?
neilsanner
Try with "sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys start" and then with konqueror to http://localhost:631
Alright, I'll try that this weekend.
Thanks!
neilsanner

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60