-
[SOLVED] cp: cannot stat `/KNOPPIX/.bash_profile´: no such.
Hi,
I'm remastering DSL, a derivative from Knoppix, following the Knoppix Remastering Howto.
I have done all right, but when the LiveCD is loading, it says:
cp: cannot stat `/KNOPPIX/.bash_profile´: no such file or directory
Do you know how can I solve it?
Thank you!
-
Re: cp: cannot stat `/KNOPPIX/.bash_profile´: no such file.

Originally Posted by
merrik
Hi,
I'm remastering DSL, a derivative from Knoppix, following the Knoppix Remastering Howto.
I have done all right, but when the LiveCD is loading, it says:
cp: cannot stat `/KNOPPIX/.bash_profile´: no such file or directory
Do you know how can I solve it?
Thank you!
Users can use the .bash_profile and .bashrc file to set up for their bash shell various functions such as the prompt, and path. Google ".bash_profile" for more information.
That being said, if don't need any customisation, simply touch the file in your remaster, from the error you are receiving it appears to be looking for it in the root directory of your remaster.
Code:
touch .bash_profile
I'm not entirely familiar with DSL but I do know it is not a pure Knoppix derivative in that it has a large percentage of RedHat packages as well.
-
Hi,
As you suggested, in the KNOPPIX compressed filesystem there was a file called .bash_profile in the root. Simply I copy it to my remastered edition, and all works!
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By vincent temmerman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
-
By melofabiano in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2008, 03:43 PM
-
By hunkychop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2007, 12:07 AM
-
By Nails in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By janmartin3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$305.01

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00