-
ndiswrapper 'Invalid argument'
Hi.
I have knoppix 5, dwl-520+
I have error if give 'modprobe ndiswrapper'
Code:
root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -i /home/knoppix/dwl520/Drivers/WinXP/AIRPLUS.INF
Installing airplus
root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
airplus driver present, hardware present
root@1[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper
FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid argument
in dmesg i have
Code:
ndiswrapper version 1.16 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=yes)
ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:134): loadndiswrapper failed (256); check system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'
ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:141): ndiswrapper: initialization failed
I tested with 'ndiswrapper -m' and etc. but still dont work;/
I still searchs 'answer' in others Topic but if you can help me.... ;)
cyu
~Reks;)
-
NVM:P
Working now...
I only need
ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils
To Moderators delete this Topic ;)
Cya
~Reks;)
-
Actually.. Please don't delete...... asked this very same thing last week, and got no answer.
I'm a noob *nix user........ So can you elaborate a bit..... You just typed ndiswrapper -common then ndiswrapper -utils?? Can you breifly explain what that is??
Thanks alot
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think what he meant is to apt-get ndiswrapper-common, as follows:
open a root shell: k->knoppix->root shell
then type: apt-get update &&apt-get -t unstable install ndiswrapper-common
then try using ndiswrapper, modprobe etc.
This will get you a updated ndiswrapper, although YMMV.
HTH
-

Originally Posted by
Patonb
Actually.. Please don't delete...... asked this very same thing last week, and got no answer.
I'm a noob *nix user........ So can you elaborate a bit..... You just typed ndiswrapper -common then ndiswrapper -utils?? Can you breifly explain what that is??
Thanks alot
I got exactly the same problem and i created a topic on this forum, plz help me, i'm getting crazy
-
interesting
Ive been stuck with the same exact problem, my box is updating as we speak...may i ask, am i updating ndiswrapper? or the kernal...well if anyone else is having the problem, either try a different driver or ensure that you type exactly what rusty posted:
then type: apt-get update &&apt-get -t unstable install ndiswrapper-common
ill let everyone know how it goes
: )
-
nope didnt work, still the same error after the modprobe ndiswrapper...im going to uninstall ndiswrapper and reinstall it...not sure if thats going to work but it wont hurt...heres the link http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m....php/Uninstall
good luck
-
WUSB54GS driver hardware present, yet error on modprobe
Hi. Having the same issue. I'm on live Knoppix 5 using WUSB54GS. Loaded drivers for the card. On ndiswrapper -l i get driver and hardware present. When I go to modprobe ndiswrapper i get FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko) Invalid argument.
Hope there's a solution to this. This error happens with a lot of other WiFi cards, so at least it's not the hardware and driver combination, something's got to be up with ndiswrapper...
S
Similar Threads
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By wsun013 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
-
By vega1970 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:41 AM
-
By LukeyBoy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
-
By hamatoma in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00