.. allright I'm there - recompiled the kernel WITH cramfs support and - it works - pretty nice .. the xvier package would make my cpu jump to 99% though ..
Hi
I am trying to make this work on zenwalk linux which is based on slackware. I get the following errors after:
$ .zAppRun Desktop/xvier_1.0-7.1.cmg
it says
when I do amount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, missing codepage or other error
$ dmesg | tail
the last lines read
does that mean there is no cramfs support in the kernel I am using? What can I change? thanxs for your answer ..loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
attempt to access beyond end of device
loop0: rw=0, want=66, limit=64
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=loop0, iso_blknum=16, block=32
.. allright I'm there - recompiled the kernel WITH cramfs support and - it works - pretty nice .. the xvier package would make my cpu jump to 99% though ..
It would be very interesting to find out what makes your cpu usage go up. This is not normal behavior, on all supported distributions klik'd apps do not eat up cpu usage.
Greetings,
probono
.. sorry I should have mentioned it - it seems to be the xvier-package only - the rest behaves reasonable ..
generally I agree with another poster of this board:
this is the way to go for software in the future
I just found that too many apps are still bound to dependancies on the system of the packager plus best results on my box are achieved with kde apps - meaning the kde environment here seems to be more complete.
nonetheless - as I said already - .. way to go .. keep up the good work

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Western Digital 2TB WD2003FYYS-02W0B0 3.5" SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
$44.99
Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Seagate Enterprise ST6000NM0034 6TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12Gb/s 128MB 3.5"HDD (not SATA)
$69.99
HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640
$54.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99