Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I failed to burn Knoppix 4.0.2 ISO image

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    16

    I failed to burn Knoppix 4.0.2 ISO image

    I tried three times to burn Knoppix 4.0.2 CD ISO image downloaded from www.knoppix.net site but it failed to boot. The problem is that, everytime I burn the CD and put in drive to read it, I see only one folder, and it is zipped type. When I double click it then I see all the other files. I tried may ways to burn, selecting ISO option from Neoro burn Software, even direct drag and drop option in Windows XP but all failed. Same thing, when I put CD in drive it shows single file, (with winzip icon, if winzip present ) then click to open and inside we see all the files. I cannot boot either.

    Please advice me, if anybody has burn Knoppix 4.0.2 ISO image successfully.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    burn it as an IMAGE skip the iso... it is just winrar or winzip that has "kidnaped" the .ISO tag.
    the FAQ's have halp to give:
    here http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
    specially the numbers Q4, Q6, Q8 and Q9
    number has the headline I downloaded a file but it is a ZIP file, what do I do with it?
    and number 9 has the headline How do I burn an ISO to a CD using NERO?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5
    Open Nero.
    File-->Burn Image
    Burn and Finalize.

    That should work as long as your ISO is good

Similar Threads

  1. Burn ISO Image to CD
    By SerenityNet in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
  2. image knoppix nero burn
    By katana in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:39 AM
  4. image won't burn - too big
    By teststrips in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 12:55 PM
  5. burn image
    By rob in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99