Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless Card not aquiring and IP Address

  1. #1

    Wireless Card not aquiring and IP Address

    Hello Folks,

    I'm a newbie to Linux and decided to start experiment with Knoppix. I'm running Knoppix Live off a CD(version 4.0.2) on a Dell Inspirion 1000. Native OS is WinXp SP2.


    I tried installing my wireless network card(Netgear wgm511), but hit a wall.

    I successfully used ndiswrapper to get the drivers

    In the WifiManager I'm seeing the network and get an MAC Address for the access point, but I'm not getting an IP.

    There is no encryption and DHCP is enabled.

    When I try using the networkcardconfig and select "use DHCP Broadcast" the operation fails... I also tried using the "ifup wlan0" and that failed as well...

    I've searched everywhere for the answer, but failed

    Thanks In Advance for any advice,
    Murph

  2. #2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:03 AM
  2. How to get IP address for wireless card
    By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 12:59 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
  4. network card boot-up problem, doesn't get dhcp address
    By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
  5. wireless mac address lookup
    By hnugz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP picture

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP

$560.15



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount picture

Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount

$184.99