-
Auto Load in RAM
I have a ~1.8 Ghz computer laying around. I've been playing with Knoppix for a while. I'm just learning linux and have been reading alot about it.
I WONT install to the hard drive. So please (please?) don't refer me to that thread.
My questions are these:
1)Does running entirely from ram... as in "toram" have the same effects as from hard drive?
2)Can I copy the disk image, as is, to hard drive (permanantely) then upon each boot, copy from hard drive to ram?
I'd like not only to have the speed of running it out of RAM, but the convienence of not having to use the CD while I learn linux.
I'm sure I'll install a true hard drive distro soon, but for now I have literature and books on the way about knoppix so i want to stick with that.
Thanks for the help and feel free to refrain from n00b flames.
Similar Threads
-
By Paul_R in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Medicate in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By necokop in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:14 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00

fanxiang S660 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD w/ Heatsink Gray
$120.00