-
Junior Member
registered user
So basically what I have to do is wait for the next version of knoppix that "might" have the drivers??
Anyway even if it sounds bizzare to u i do understand that these problems are caused by the lack of support from manufacturers.
Now i will try the mod thing u suggested . Since u mentioned the kernel thing though I want to ask u this as well. Through some gui command (I think it is configure sound--> it pops a window with options..) I get this error message that my kernel does not support the drivers and i should use kernel newer than 2.2??????What is that? I mean the kernel is like 2.6 or something!!!!!
Oh I have so many problems, I dont know anything and no one around here runs linux......I dont know what to do....
So to summarize: I try the modprobe, pray and wait...........
When do u think my hardware will be supported?
Any other distros (live only please) I could try??
I already tried slax (doesn't load because of some stupid vesa error) and ubuntu live (crashes during loading at the hotplug detection point...).
By the way u might be interested in hearing the following: In knoppel (greek version of knoppix ) which is based on an older version of knoppix (if I am wrong it is same as current knoppix at most) my vga is recognized as ati x700. However knoppix fails to recognize it at all......how about that?
Similar Threads
-
By Joey6 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM
-
By jacksonon in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram
$25.99

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

ADATA DDR4 RAM 2666MHZ 16GB (2x8) TESTED WORKING
$50.00