-
Fixing Win2k w/o the installation CD
Okay, here's the story.
It all started when I shut down Windows using the hardware shut down feature. When I started the computer up again, it wouldn't boot. It just said that a system file was corrupted and refused to boot. So I went looking for the Win2K boot CD, and it was gone. Swallowed by the house. The evil messy house. So I tried installing one of the other OSs I have readily availible to me on another hard drive (with hopes of recovering the other hard disk using this one). I started with Win98. It went into this scan disk... thing, that worked fine, and then it started coming up with bad sector after bad sector, one right after the other. So I tried WinNT 4.0, and it informed me that the hard drive was bad. It seems I had dropped it one too many times... whoops. So now I was stuck with the other drive. I brought it over to my school's PC lab and used the school's copy of Win2K and one of the computers there to try to fix my drive. It turned out that the drive itself was bad. So I got a new drive, installed Win2K (using the school's PC) and I brought it home only to see this:
STOP: 0x0000007B (0xEB81B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Great. Just absolutely peachy. My options are as follows
A: Wait out the weekend, then lug my computer to school and reinstall Win2k
B: Get help here.
Obviously, I don't want to wait, otherwise I wouldn't be asking you guys. I was told by my instructer that the problem is that since I installed using a school computer, I would need to install the proper drivers at home. Unfortunately, I don't have a Win2k CD available right now, so I can't use that. I decided to use Knoppix since that really was my only option. My question is, how do I install the drivers without the Win2k CD. Before I left school, I downloaded the neccesary drivers for the computer onto the Hard drive, all I need to know is where they go. Oh, and by the way, I can't use Win98 or WinNT4.0, I'm using a Dell Optiplex GX110. Writing to the NTFS drive shouldn't be too much of a problem since I'm using the BitDefender edition of Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By eon in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-24-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 10:36 AM
-
By ChivalricRonin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By todsr1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:26 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21