Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Help please?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2

    Help please?

    I am installing Knoppix on a partition on my HD. I have a couple questions. I was wondering if someone can help me out as I go along. I installed it three times already and it hasn't worked yet.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    exactly what is not working? any erorrmessages? any symptoms?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    on your choice of a subject line

    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2
    I installed knoppix and it didn't want to work. So I installed debian. With debian I can't go online..

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    ah, ok, any sympotoms. the more you tell us the more we can help. with what we have we could go trough a book of advise and still miss your situation.
    do you get an IP?
    is it a wired or wireless card?
    does linux see your card at bootup?
    does sudo lspci list your card or something like it (open a console and type comands there then hit enter)
    what does sudo ifconfig say?
    what does sudo lsmod say?
    you can redirect the output to a file on a floppy by mounting floppy type
    Code:
    mount /mnt/floppy
    with floppy in drivenow you can get a textfile of the output by typing comand>/mnt/floppy/comand.txt
    like this
    Code:
    sudo ifconfig>/mnt/floppy/ifconfig.txt
    or
    Code:
    sudo lspci>/mnt/floppy/lspci.txt
    now unmount the floppy
    Code:
    umount /mnt/floppy
    no it is not misspelled, u m o.., no n as in unmount.
    hmm it might be plaing /floppy not /mnt/floppy, I have no vanilla Debian box near just now to check...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99