exactly what is not working? any erorrmessages? any symptoms?
I am installing Knoppix on a partition on my HD. I have a couple questions. I was wondering if someone can help me out as I go along. I installed it three times already and it hasn't worked yet.![]()
exactly what is not working? any erorrmessages? any symptoms?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I installed knoppix and it didn't want to work. So I installed debian. With debian I can't go online..
ah, ok, any sympotoms. the more you tell us the more we can help. with what we have we could go trough a book of advise and still miss your situation.
do you get an IP?
is it a wired or wireless card?
does linux see your card at bootup?
does sudo lspci list your card or something like it (open a console and type comands there then hit enter)
what does sudo ifconfig say?
what does sudo lsmod say?
you can redirect the output to a file on a floppy by mounting floppy typewith floppy in drivenow you can get a textfile of the output by typing comand>/mnt/floppy/comand.txtCode:mount /mnt/floppy
like this
orCode:sudo ifconfig>/mnt/floppy/ifconfig.txtnow unmount the floppyCode:sudo lspci>/mnt/floppy/lspci.txtno it is not misspelled, u m o.., no n as in unmount.Code:umount /mnt/floppy
hmm it might be plaing /floppy not /mnt/floppy, I have no vanilla Debian box near just now to check...

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99