-
Senior Member
registered user
mount of vfat device not case aware ...
for directory and file names.
when I mount my Firewire device as a VFAT one like this:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/sda -rw
I notice that I can not write full Upper case names for directory and file names (they are all changed to lower case)
Same thing happens when I use both upper the lower case letters
If I take the drive out of the encasing and plug it as a secondary one under windows I have no problem with it whatsoever
How do you fix this weird naming anomalie?
Albretch
Similar Threads
-
By fergus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
-
By Sandeep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
-
By w0lfinator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
-
By papaz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:39 AM
-
By pc_dev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99