-
Clock/Timezone error
I'm running the HD-install "boot like the CDROM" version of Knoppix 4.0.2 to provide a fileserver for the other machines on the network. Almost everything works as it should (just a few challenges left to sort.)
However, I have a timezone glitch. The machine knows that I'm in England (calls it London, but hey), and that I use GMT. Stuff it pulls off the other machines or off the Internet that's time-based displays right. BUT the clock on the PC is 5 hours ahead. If I reset it, it's fine but it will be 5 hours ahead again when I restart the machine. It seems convinced that it's somewhere 5 hours behind GMT. If I forget, I get some wacky timestamps on files.
Anyone have any ideas how to get to work in real GMT and not add 5 hours at boot?
Similar Threads
-
By marghanita in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2007, 11:58 PM
-
By jfdesign in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2005, 04:28 AM
-
By pavel7nl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 09:57 PM
-
By el_supremo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99