for directory and file names.
when I mount my Firewire device as a VFAT one like this:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/sda -rw
I notice that I can not write full Upper case names for directory and file names (they are all changed to lower case)
Same thing happens when I use both upper the lower case letters
If I take the drive out of the encasing and plug it as a secondary one under windows I have no problem with it whatsoever
How do you fix this weird naming anomalie?
Albretch

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00